Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jane Eyre

Two weeks ago Alyssa finished the novel, Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë. Jane Eyre happens to be one of my favorites. I have fond memories of riding my bike up and down my street while reading the entire novel. Each day as Alyssa progressed through the novel she would be so excited to tell me all about the plot and characters. There were many days that included hours of reading because she just couldn't put it down. It was neat watching my daughter fall in love with Jane Eyre just as I had as a girl.

Here are the PDF resources we used while studying the novel, Jane Eyre, and its author, Charlotte Brontë.


Alyssa, our resident artist, drew these beautiful pictures of the main characters in the novel. Love her rendition of Jane! She seems full of strength and confidence.







The only thing missing from her original drawing was the fact that Jane and Mr. Rochester were not together. I asked her to draw another picture with them at the end of the novel. Love this!




One of the most cherished aspects of motherhood for me has been the opportunity to share my love of books and fine literature with my children. I am so grateful that Alyssa has also developed the same passion.

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa is a wonderful illustrator!! You a wonderful mother and teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Beth! Alyssa is quite talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Alyssa's illustrations are quite remarkable. I also have loved this book and am pleased to see another "reader" in the family. Books can take you anywhere. I'm glad you are able to pass on this passion.

    ReplyDelete