Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bulbs under the Persimmon tree

In late December as we strolled through Lowe's, I spotted leftover bulbs on sale. Since the bulbs were 75% off I just had to buy some for our little yard. We purchased about 100 bulbs: daffodils, freesias, crocuses and irises.

As a family we decided to plant the bulbs underneath the persimmon tree in our front yard in the hopes of brightening that little patch of earth. The kids loved planting the bulbs and are always willing participants in planting flowers. It was so exciting for me when Hotch participated especially since he isn't the biggest fan of gardening. I really love that we created that little flower garden together as a family!

Honestly, I was not sure if they would bloom in the spring because they started sprouting only a week after we planted them. Pleasantly to our surprise not only did the bulbs bloom in early March, but they are still giving us new treasures each day.


Reminds me of when Willy Wonka drinks out of the wax daffodil.










Isn't this crocus gorgeous. It smells divine! Braxton swears it is a rose.



Can't wait until the irises bloom later this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment