Monday, October 8, 2012

Nauvoo Temple Flowers & Relaxing Lunch-Nauvoo, IL

One of my favorite things about temples is the flowers that adorn their grounds. They are always so beautiful.


Alyssa is such a remarkable young woman. I love this photo of her!


Some of the flowers reminded me of loved ones and places dear to my heart. Lavender always reminds me of my mother and the flowers in her garden. Lupines remind me of California where I grew up. One of my favorite children's books is Miss Rumphius by Barbra Cooney. Miss Rumphius, the Lupine Lady, spreads lupine seeds everywhere beautifying her town. 


Every good hill deserves to be rolled down.


While walking by this little Praying Mantis caught my eye.


Love the red hollyhocks!


We had lunch at the Historic Zion's Mercantile. Their baked potato soup was delicious. Afterward we picked up some books on Nauvoo.


As we left Historic Zion's Mercantile the Nauvoo Brass Band came rolling by in a horse-drawn trolley. The kids thought it was really neat! We loved Nauvoo and hope to return again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment