Friday, October 12, 2012

Como Park Conservatory & Flower Photography-Saint Paul, MN

My favorite part about Como Park Zoo and Conservatory was definitely the conservatory. The Marjorie McNeely Conservatory is  located in this impressive glass building that opened in November 1915. 


They had a section that taught about how solar power works.


Love these sweet kids. Ryan was cute with his rubber lizard.


My favorite room was the Sunken Garden. It was so gorgeous when we were there. The flowers are changed seasonally. It is a must see!


The flowers inside were stunning! It was such a blast photographing them. I must invest in a macro lens so I can capture every minute detail. (Totally thought of our friend Yezenia. She would have been in heaven.)


Delaney loves roses especially red ones. Red roses remind her of vampires and right now she loves vampires. Love my sweet girl!


The lilies were so bright and cheerful!


I love the colors in this rose and the crumpled petals.


The observatory would be an incredible place for a wedding or family photos.


Nasturtiums are lovely edible, sweet smelling flowers that remind me of my childhood. When I was a girl our next door neighbor, Norm, had them growing in his garden. He noticed me admiring his flowers and told me I could pick them. Norm taught me that they were actually edible. My mom taught me that they can also be made into sugared flowers and helped me try to sugar some. Love when memories flood my mind.


Ryan was adorable as he smelled the flowers because he would be about a foot away from them. Watching him smell the flowers was a real highlight!


Love this photo of them. He is blowing on a peace lily. So cute!


The North Garden, "the economic plant garden", holds many plants used for their fruits and in pharmaceuticals. It has a beautiful koi pond that caught the attention of our kids. Loved watching them check out the fish!


Made my heart happy watching Ryan play with the lizard I got for him.


Glad we were able to visit both the Zoo and Conservatory at Como Park. They were great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment