Friday, October 26, 2012

Mall of America-Bloomington, MN

We had a blast in Minnesota! It was so nice seeing my friend Desiree and her lovely family. It made me so sad to leave and come back to North Carolina. Wish we lived closer to them so I could see them regularly, babysit for them and get to know their precious children. (A precious little girl, Allison, has been added to their family since our visit back in June. Wish we could cuddle her.) 

One last place we wanted to see was the Mall of America. On the way out of town the kids and I headed over to check it out. Saying it is really enormous doesn't do it justice! There are over 530 stores and it made me cringe to see all the materialism. If you have a bunch of money to blow or love to shop or love to people watch, then this is the place for you. We went for the experience and it really was an experience worth having at least once.


Our first stop was the American Girl store. I am a huge fan of the American Girl books! They are well written historical fictions that focus on girls with positive characteristics, healthy self-esteem and doing good in this world. I read the American Girl books when I was a girl and I loved them. I encourage girls to read these books, but I completely disapprove of their expensive dolls, doll clothes and doll accessories. I do not believe that any girl needs a doll that costs more than $100. No doll is worth that amount of money especially when people are starving or homeless or without clean drinking water or without an education in our modern world. 


I love the Addy! She is the prettiest doll they make.


Delaney and I agree that this doll looked the most like her. 


The Nickelodeon Universe is an enormous amusement park in the center of the mall. I wish I could have taken the kids on the rides, but we did not budget for this expense. Maybe another time. They were such good sports.


Next we visited the Lego Store. This was such a hit with my kids and everyone else's kids too. There were TONS of people in there and I suspect it is always crazy crowded. Braxton went nuts when he saw it!


Braxton was so excited when he saw the Star Wars lego models.


They could have spent hours playing games on the Lego website.


We went to the third floor to get a better view of the amusement park and the Lego figures above the Lego Store. It was a great view!


On our way out of the Mall of America Braxton saw the Microsoft logo and was convinced it was the Harry Potter flags.


My kids love Avatar: The Last Airbender. They were thrilled when the saw Aang as we walked through the amusement park.


Thanks Minnesota! You are a beautiful state. I hope I can visit again and take in more of your cities, countryside and visit your far north.

No comments:

Post a Comment