Monday, October 8, 2012

Finally made it to MN-Minnesota

After an enjoyable day at the Carthage Jail, in Nauvoo, IL and then a VERY long drive we finally arrived in Minnesota. We were so tired after being in the van driving non-stop for seven hours. Our legs were jello when we arrived at the state line rest stop. Never been so grateful to get out of the caravan. The kids were real troopers and never complained at all!


There was a small playground at the rest stop and my kids desperately needed to play. It was such an unexpected blessing!


Minnesota the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" did not disappoint. Saw our first lake minutes after we started driving again.


Another unexpected blessing came in the form of the most gorgeous sunset. We were about an hour and a half away from Fridley, MN where my dear friends live. The sunset was such a loving kindness from Heavenly Father. After the long, tiring almost perfect day He gave us one last blessing.


When we finally arrived in Minneapolis, MN we were so relieved. Oh how I miss big cities! Isn't it pretty all lit up for the night.


The reason for our trip was to go visit my very best friend from 4th grade until we graduated from high school. Our lives went in very different directions after school, but we kept in touch. Desiree has been such a vital part of my life for so many formative years. She was at the birth of my first born and it made me so sad not to see her first born after he was born two years ago. Now that she was pregnant with her second child I felt like I had to visit her and meet her precious son at last. So here is darling Ryan! 


We went to the store and park the next day. It was nice to relax a bit after so much driving! Ryan and Delaney were so cute at the park. She was so sweet being the older kid and she loved every second of it.


I love these photos especially of all four kids walking back to the van.


Being in Minnesota with Desiree and her family was so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment