Friday, November 9, 2012

First Day of Homeschool (2012-2013)

We started another year of homeschooling on September 10th. We decided to take First Day of School photos at the Pisgah Covered Bridge in Asheboro, North Carolina. It is a lovely covered bridge in a quiet spot just off the road. Braxton had the great idea to bring lightsabers to use in our pictures.


 Alyssa is our 8th grade resident artist and author extraordinaire. Her favorite subjects are science, literature and history. 


Braxton is our 1st grade resident imagineer and video game connoisseur. His favorite subjects are math and reading.


Delaney is our Kindergartn resident dancer and music enthusiast. Her favorite subjects are reading and writing. 


Alyssa gets more gorgeous each day! She shines with the light of Christ.


These kids are my heart! They are my greatest treasures.


Braxton is the coolest kid! He came up with these poses all on his own. In some ways he is so much like his dad. What a handsome boy!


Delaney is such a little sweetheart. She is an athlete and a girly girl.


Alyssa came into this world an old soul. Her insights amaze me at times.


 A major blessing in our family is that our children are such good friends and loving siblings. I was never raised to be close to my brothers and Hotch was so much younger than his siblings. Neither of us are very close to our siblings now or have much in common with them at all. We decided that we would make every effort in our family to bring our children together as friends and companions. Hopefully, when they become adults we will still be a close family who spends a lot of quality time together. As they bring spouses and children into the equation we want to have regular family get-togethers, vacations, cousins camp and close bonds with one another. 


Braxton wanted to take this photo because he adores his Lyssa so much!


Their sweet smiles, shining eyes and loving personalities make my heart swell. I was blessed the day each of you were born. Motherhood has been the crowning glory of my life. It has shaped and molded me into a woman I am now. I love you my darling, precious babes more than I could ever express in these paltry words. Here's to another year of wholesome, educational learning with a dollop of travel and FUN!

1 comment: