Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beach Trip 2012 (Part 1) - Oak Island, NC


Our landlords are the sweetest couple in their late 70s. We love them and they adore our children. They allow us to use their beach house for free whenever we would like. Every Labor Day weekend we head to the beach and it has become a beloved family tradition! We really look forward to it every year. The kids couldn't wait to get to the beach!


My camera immediately fogged up. Gotta love the humidity in NC!



My beach babies!


This girl loves her watering can!


This is typical of my family whenever we first arrive at the beach. Braxton and Delaney get nervous in the waves so they hang on Hotch until they get up their courage to play on their own. Alyssa always spends her time catching the lame little waves the Atlantic Ocean produces.


Braxton loves his dad so much! He thinks Hotch is the coolest guy in the world. (Hotch is the most DYNAMIC man so I tend to agree!) I love this photo because the waves are so tiny, but Brax still needs his daddy.


These two cracked me up when they pretended to be animals in the waves.


Delaney is such an independent person and tends to play alone often. She played make believe with that bucket for such a long time.


Saying that Alyssa likes to boogie board is an understatement. She spends every single moment at the beach trying to catch as many waves as she can. Wish the waves were higher than two or three feet!


Alyssa and Braxton are such great friends and siblings. She appeases him and thinks he is the cutest kid while he adores her and thinks she is the best sister ever. Alyssa went out of her way to teach him how to boogie board since he wanted to be cool like her. It made Brax's day to have her give him "lessons" and he was so excited when he finally caught some good waves.


We stayed at the beach for over three hours in the morning before taking a break at home. In the evening we headed over to the beach  near the Oak Island lighthouse. We watched the sun dip into the ocean.


Love the sand dune grasses waving in the wind! 


Oak Island is so beautiful! That's the Oak Island pier in the distance. 


Pelicans flying overhead!


They were so happy to be back at the beach even though we wouldn't let them go very deep since Hurricane Leslie caused a strong rip current. It was so windy and the ocean's waves were crazy strong. 


This man makes my heart skip a beat!


I am so grateful that Hotch is my best friend, my husband, my lover, my comedic relief, my confidant and the great love of my life!


 We told the kids they couldn't go very far into the water because the rip current and waves were so strong. Hurricane Leslie was churning the water so violently, but they didn't believe us so we let them learn a lesson in obedience. When the waves crashed against them and the rip current dragged them along the sand they listened to us and chose to be obedient.


Delaney was having a blast being a wild beach girl!


The moon was a glorious sorbet orange that night. It was so exquisite!


Braxton loved his blue bucket which when full of water probably weighs almost as much as him. He cracked me up every time he hefted it from the ocean up to where Hotch and I were enjoying the sound of the waves crashing and the sun setting in the distance. 


The moon turned to a bright, warm yellow glow as the night sky appeared.


As we drove toward the Oak Island lighthouse I just had to take this photo. It reminds me of the scene in the movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when Dumbledore awaits the arrival of the baby Harry on the Dursley's street. Cue Harry Potter music and imagine Dumbledore with his deluminator. Yes, I know way too much about the Wizarding World since I have seen the movies so many times I now have them memorized.


We headed back to the beach house that night tired, but so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment