Friday, July 13, 2012

Farmer's Market and Driving through Indiana

As the kids and I left the comfort of Aunt Rita and Uncle Dave's home we headed through the back roads of Indiana on our way to Illinois. In the town of Danville, IN we stopped to check out the local farmer's market which was small, but full of delicious treats perfect for a long day of driving. How could I say "no" to enormous, gooey cookies, sweet sugar snap peas and the perfect kettle corn. Seriously, we can not praise those cookies enough: Toffeedoodles, Chunky Monkey and Chocolate Chip. YUM!


Right here is where the day went downhill. My dear sweet 12 year old navigator told me to turn right on this street instead of left and where we began a three hour detour. Yes, unfortunately, I did say three hour detour. We had already driven an hour and a half into Danville, IN when said navigator sent us an hour and a half in the wrong direction. I kept asking if this was the right direction and said navigator kept affirming it was. When I saw downtown Indianapolis, IN in the distance and got stuck in crazy traffic I knew the day had been a bust. At this point I performed one of my not so great mothering acts before we headed back an hour and a half back into Danville to go left (West) on the US-36. 


Once we got driving in the right direction on US-36 toward Illinois things got a lot better. It was a gorgeous drive which made the two and a half hour drive into IL much more tolerable. Thanks to Alyssa for taking these photos. 


These clouds were impressive!



Had to stop the car to take this photo of the rain in the distance. Thanks Indiana for delivering sweeping views of corn fields, massive clouds and farm homes. Man are you ever a gorgeous place!

No comments:

Post a Comment