Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dark Rain Cloud

We have had some drama in our home with the arrival of a dark rain cloud, its short stay and swift departure. There have been years since I last experienced the presence of such a dark rain cloud. The negative effect has been all encompassing for me and my little family. It has really thrown us for a loop. For the first time in my married life I have experienced first hand how negativity from outside sources can destroy the harmony and peace in one's home. Lessons have been learned about protecting our family at all costs and not extending courtesies to those that are ungrateful. Maturity is harder to learn for some and arrogance will only paint you in a bad light. Negativity begat controversy. Controversy begat contention. Contention begat negativity. See the cycle. That was our life for a month.  We are just barely getting our family back to normal after needing another month to recoup. We have now learned that it is best to keep dark rain clouds at a distance. The effects of inviting them into one's home can be expensive, time consuming and damaging to the harmony of one's family. Lesson learned!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure details
    Don't need to be shared but my
    Curiosity is peaked. So glad things are going better! Love your family too much for bad things to come your way!

    ReplyDelete